Measured For Change
Help us create a new set of measurements to reflect the changes in women’s bodies as they age.
We’re committed to challenging the frustration of variation in clothing sizes.
A collaboration between One P Design, Whitehouse Institute of Design & Fourt2 Consulting
There is no current data on the changing dimensions of a woman’s body to inform clothing design. This results in challenges for customers, designers and retailers.
Our Aim Is To Find A Solution
To help better understand the changing shape and size of women throughout their adult life, we are asking you to capture the body measurements of women in your life aged between 20 and 70 years.
*Capped at $1,000.
Consent to participate in the Project
By submitting measurements and participating in the Project, you agree that:
- You are participating voluntarily in the Project.
- Any data provided in connection with the Project belongs to One P Design and is confidential and valuable and you agree to protect and treat it accordingly.
- We collect your information as part of the Project.
You can find out more about how we use and protect your information here
The Correct Way To Measure
- All measurements should be taken in centimetres.
- Your model should be standing with bare feet.
- When measuring, ensure your model remains in good posture for accurate measurements.
The Correct Place To Measure
Use the measurement guide imagery to ensure you measure in the correct place on your model.
Shoulder to Shoulder
Measure from edge of the left shoulder to edge of the right shoulder
Measure around the fullest part of the upper arm
Measure around the smallest part of the top of the breast
Measure around the fullest part of the chest under the armpit
Measure around chest under of the breast (base of bra line)
Measure around torso under bust and above waist
Measure around the narrowest part of the natural waistlinee
Measure around the fullest part of the hip
measure around the fullest part of the thigh
Length of Leg
Measure from the top of your inside leg to the floor